What is the Program?
The Program is made up of an annual survey that collects information from over 100 councils and then compares and benchmarks these via a series of metrics delivered in a comprehensive Report. In addition, there is a Council Comparative Analysis Tool that assists councils to interactively compare and analyse the Report's results across data collected from all councils that participate in the Program.
What does the Program cover?
The Program measures performance excellence and provides the leaders of councils strategic and operational insights into:
- Corporate Leadership
- Operations Management
- Workforce Management
- Finance Management
- Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Service Delivery
Some of the questions answered as a result of the Report are:
- What is the level of corporate development, strategic planning and accountability in your council?
- What is the shape of your council meetings and how effective are they?
- Are decisions being made at the right level?
- What quality of policy support do you have?
- How effective and efficient is your finance function?
- Is your council being supported with enough analysis?
- What impact does your budgeting process have?
- How effective is your rates collection and is there an impact on your cash flow?
- Is your operational planning and project management approach effective?
- How well are you managing your risk and supplier risk?
- How productive is your internal audit process for your size?
- What shape is your level of systems investment?
- Do you have a visible customer service focus in the organisation?
- What is the generational profile of your workforce and what is this showing you about your workforce capacity?
- Are your leave liabilities able to be more successfully managed?
- What are the indicators of workforce productivity telling you?
- What is the span of control and relative level of focus you have on management?
- What is the right level of training investment for optimal return?
- How robust is your workforce plan?
What are the key dates?
February - May - Councils register for the Program
July - September - Online collection platform is open
August - September - Data submission feedback pack and final data amendments
September - Data amendments final and survey closes
October - November - PwC analysis and reporting
To find out more about the 2019 Programme view the 2019 Prospectus
Who can I contact with questions?
Contact Amy Waugh – Senior Advisor, Membership and Communications, directly regarding overall Program information and pricing. Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 04 978 1289.
Contact Local Government Professionals Australia, NSW for details about the Program - email email@example.com
To contact PwC about the technical details of the survey process, e-mail Sarah Gibson – Associate Director on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can a Council participate in the Program?
If your council wishes to participate in the Program, please email Amy Waugh email@example.com for more information.