SOLGM Membership is available to individuals under the following categories:
Full Membership is open to all New Zealand local government staff. The membership fee for Full Members is $275 (+GST) per annum. The benefits of becoming a full member of SOLGM are listed here and our Constitution and Rules are available here.
Associate Membership is open to anyone who wishes to keep up to date with developments in local government but is not working in the sector. Associate Members receive our quarterly briefing and member discounts for most of our events. The Associate Membership fee is $250 (+GST) per annum.
Honorary Membership is open to past SOLGM members, now retired from the local government sector. The membership fee for Honorary Members is $100.00 per annum. If you are a full member and your employment status changes please email our Chief Executive, Karen Thomas directly with the request to change membership type.
SOLGM also has a Life Member category. Life Members are those that have made a significant contribution to the sector and are decided by members at our AGM.
To apply for SOLGM Membership:
1. Download, print and complete the Full Membership Application Form or the Associate Membership Application Form. Please refer to the criteria listed above to ensure you are selecting the correct form.
2. The Full Membership application should be signed by the Chief Executive of your local authority, or if a Chief Executive is applying, by the Mayor.
3. Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
PO Box 10373
4. Once received, we will aim to process your application within 6 weeks following receipt (although notification is usually provided much sooner).
5. An invoice will be sent to you upon approval of your SOLGM membership.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries regarding membership.