The State Services Commission is delighted to announce that entries for the Spirit of Service Awards 2019 are now open.
The Spirit of Service Awards celebrate outstanding Public Sector leadership, services and initiatives motivated by a spirit of service to deliver great outcomes for New Zealanders.
If you know of any exceptional Public Sector initiatives or young leaders who embody the spirit of service, it's time to share their achievements.
Central and local government agencies can enter any of the five award categories online from 8 April. Entries can feature a single agency's work, or collaborative projects. Entries close on 17 May.
The Award categories are:
- Better Outcomes Award / Te Tohu mō ngā Hua E Pai Ake Ana
- Service Excellence Award / Te Tohu mō te Ratonga Whakahirahira
- Māori/Crown Relationships Award / Te Tohu mō te Tūhonotanga a Ngāi Māori me te Karauna
- Leadership in Governance Award / Te Tohu mō te Kaiārahi Mahi Whakahaere
- Young Leader of the Year / Te Tohu mō te Kaiārahi Rangatahi o te Tau
The Awards are free to enter and we've streamlined the application process to make it easier to apply. The Awards webpage, entry form and guidelines will be live on SSC's website here.
Entries will be shortlisted from the information provided and finalists will be invited to present to a judging panel in Wellington in July. All finalists will be announced and briefed about the judging panel process in June. Winners will be announced at an evening event at Te Papa, Wellington, on 12 September 2019.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.