Join us in celebrating the outstanding local government projects and people that are positively impacting our communities. Register yourself or a table of eight for the 2018 Gala Dinner & The Marketplace on April 12 at the Cordis in Auckland.
The night begins at 5.30pm with drinks and canapés in The Marketplace, the showcase for 2018 McGredy Winder SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards® entrants' innovative and inspiring local government projects. These projects are all tranferable to other local authorities so your Council can benefit from them.
By 6.30pm, the Gala Dinner themed room will be revealed and we'll all be seated for dinner with our MC Oscar Kightley and crooner Aaron Bloomfield. Throughout the night, you'll see proud winners and recipients from our sector receive:
- The six category awards and the Supreme 2018 McGredy Winder SOLGM Local Government Excellence Award
- The Leadership Development Centre (LDC) Leadership in Practice Programme Scholarship
- The Skills Mt Eliza Melbourne Business School Leading for Strategic Success Programme Scholarship
- The three JLT Overseas Manager Exchanges to British Columbia, Australia and Queensland as well as the Civic Financial Services Overseas Manager Exchange to the US
- The winner's certificate for the JLT-sponsored New Zealand leg of the Australasian Management Challenge
- The Brookfields Emerging Leader of the Year Award.
Collectively, the winners and recipients will be receiving over $100,000 in sponsored travel and event tickets.
For local government Chief Executives and Tier 2 managers, we've scheduled the Chief Executives Forum and Executive Leaders Masterclass directly before the Gala Dinner so you can attend a daytime event on April 12 and then the Gala Dinner.
At the PricewaterhouseCoopers Chief Executives Forum, CEs will hear from fellow CEs who are dealing with the unique demands of managing at the highest level in local government.
At the Executive Leaders Masterclass, Tier 2 managers will explore current issues for senior leaders including how to influence and impact the sector.