We're buzzing after our 2017 SOLGM Annual Summit.
The Summit's theme was 'Today, Tomorrow: Turning today's vision into tomorrow's reality'. The presenters certainly delivered on the theme's promise, exploring emerging trends and future focused topics that are redefining our society and the way we work.
On a lighter note, at the Simpson Grierson dinner, delegates learned that local government managers can sing and economists can dance!
Thank you to our Sponsors whose support made the Summit possible.
- Principal Sponsor Simpson Grierson
- Gold Sponsor PwC
- Audio Visual Sponsor Image Group
- Silver Sponsors BERL, Civic Financial Services and QV
- Lunches Sponsor NZIER
- Bronze Sponsors JLT, LG Hub, Nexus Australasia and Structured Conversations
- Coffee Cart Sponsors Anthony Harper and Heaney & Partners
- Pads & Pens Sponsor Magiq Software
- Print Sponsor Pivotal Print
When you work with the dedicated local government team at PwC, you’ll have access to local advisers with global experience. We can advise on key organisational strategy and priorities ranging from the execution of digital technologies through to the innovative financing of infrastructure.
For more information on how we can help you, visit pwc.co.nz.
2018 Summit - Save the date
The 2018 SOLGM Annual Summit will be in Queenstown on September 10-11.
Government Regulatory Practice Initiative (G-REG) Conference 2017 - Risk and the Communication of Risk
G-REG, a partnership between central and local government, is bringing this Conference to Christchurch on 7 November 2017.
Speakers from across the public sector will present case studies that address themes that unite them as professional regulators: risk identification, risk assessment, risk management and risk communication.
The purpose of this event is:
- Developing organisation capability: from sharing approaches to compliance activities and developing guidance material;
- Developing people capability: from structured and formal training, and shared informal learning; and,
- Developing a professional community of regulators: both resulting from, and enabling the development of, organisation and people capability over time.
To register, please contact email@example.com, G-REG Programme Co-ordinator, today.
Diversity Works New Zealand Survey
Can you spare 10 minutes to help build a current picture of diversity in the New Zealand workplace? Diversity Works New Zealand, with the support of SOLGM, is conducting the October 2017 New Zealand Diversity Survey.
This bi-annual research survey, carried out this year in partnership with Massey University, is providing critical insights into the diversity issues that are a priority for New Zealand organisations – insights that we can share with you and your organisation.
To participate, please click here to complete the survey before 5pm on Thursday 12 October 2017.