This five-month programme is developed in association with the Capability Group for local government professionals and delivered by facilitators with exceptional knowledge and understanding of the sector.
About this event
This programme is highly interactive, practical, and designed to allow participants to discuss and debate the qualities and behaviours of great leaders, including how to be an authentic leader, make a difference in their role, and deliver results for their councils. Participants can expect to have access to highly relevant local government sector expertise, including Chief Executives who will be invited to participate as guest speakers and discuss ‘leadership in practice’ as it applies to each topic. It is also expected that participants come willing to discuss issues and challenges they face under Chatham House Rules.
*Please note that the maximum number of participants on this course is 22. We require a minimum number of 15 participants for this programme to go ahead.
Why you should attend?
- Delivered over a five-month period allowing time for genuine growth as a leader
- The programme has been developed for local government professionals and is delivered by facilitators with exceptional knowledge and understanding of the sector
- Learning syndicates which are set up on day one allow networking between workshops to reflect on learning and how it applies to participants own councils and their role - many of these relationships continue to develop even after the programme has finished
- For no extra cost and with only a small amount of additional work, participants are eligible for the NZQA approved New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
How it works?
The programme is held on a regional basis and is made up of five modules which are hosted by a different council each month. There are three distinct phases of learning:
- Prepare phase (2 weeks) - preparation work is sent out to participants 2 weeks prior to each workshop
- Explore phase (1 day) - one day workshop
- Apply phase (4 weeks) - applying tools, techniques and approaches learned on the job
Tuesday 2nd March 2021 - Module 1: A leadership mindset
Tuesday 30th March 2021 - Module 2: Engaging hearts and minds
Tuesday 2nd May 2021 - Module 3: Relationships, influence and collaboration
Tuesday 1st June 2021 - Module 4: Customer-driven culture
Tuesday 29th June 2020 - Module 5: Driving change
*Please note that these locations are to be confirmed and dates are subject to change.
For more information about the LG Accelerated Leadership programme please click here.
If you have any queries about this programme please email Eilidh Siller
By registering for this development programme you are confirming that you have current or recent experience as a people leader in local government.