A two-part series of webinars designed for those who are new to the LTP and want to know what it's all about and for those who might be responsible for part of the LTP and want to see how their role fits with the rest.
About this event
**Please note: this series consists of a two-part webinar, which is split over two weeks. Please see details of dates & timings below**
LTP 101 is an introduction to the range of content and processes that go into an effective, compliant long-term plan. It's aimed at those who are:
- new LTP managers or project team members and want to understand what its all about or
- contributing small parts to the content (such as an activity plan) and want to know how their part fits with the rest
The focus of the course is descriptive – it will focus on the ‘what’ and the ‘why’. Those who want to delve more into the ‘how’ – should register for November’s The Road to 2021 events.
Our low, per council, fee lets you put all those who want to attend on the course, regardless of their role in the LTP.
Webinar One -
Date: 10th October 2019, Time: 10.00am - 11.15am
- what the LTP is and does
- the LTP and Local Government Act
- the 2021 LTP Jigsaw
- the six ground rules for long-term planning
- community outcomes and activity choice
- grouping activities
- infrastructure strategies and asset plans
- levels or service, performance measures and targets
Webinar Two -
Date: 16th October 2019, Time 10.00am - 11.15am
- the financial strategy and prudence
- financial policies
- the consultation document
- getting the community involved
- what else goes in an LTP
- the LTP audit
- SOLGM's LTP Guidence
- The Road to 2021 events
Note: The LTP 101 webinars are primarily designed for those new to the LTP or those who may contribute only one or two parts of the LTP. They are designed to bring the new practitioners up to speed in advance of November’s Road to 2021 seminars.
LTP 101 is not designed for more experienced LTP practitioners. We strongly advise those not doing their first LTP to review the above topics before purchase.