Contract Management - for those within councils who are involved with contracts and procurement.
This workshop covers:
- The importance of good contract management
- Deciding the right procurement and contract models to attract the best suppliers and to achieve the required business outcomes
- Selecting the right suppliers to meet the contract requirements
- Setting up the contract
- Setting up performance frameworks
- Implementing the contract
- Managing and improving delivery of the contract
- Managing contract reviews
- What to do if things go wrong
It also touches on recent issues with contract management within the sector and how to avoid pitfalls. Registrations are now open.
Two Day Workshop Outline
Click here to view the timetable.
Overview The workshop is interactive and works through real examples from the attendees.
- The new paradigm of contract management - Collaborative - Courteous - Considerate
- Key objectives - Know what you need and want - Attract the best suppliers - Choose the right ones - Manage them fairly
- Contract Management lifecycle
- Where it all fits
- The psychology of business
- 4 guiding principles
- Becoming the client of choice and why that’s critical
Developing a strategy
- DOSAC – Strategy development tool
- Develop a procurement strategy
- Market analysis
- Go to market models
- Contract models
- Category analysis
Going to market
- The pre-RFP workshops
- Selection process and evaluating proposals
- Interactive supplier workshops
- Agreement in principle
- Implementation workshops
- Developing a balanced performance framework
- Relationship management and contract management
- Service delivery
- Reviewing objectives
- Tactical review
- Strategic review
- What to do when things go wrong
- Permission to address risks
- Assertive vs aggressive
- Fundamentals of negotiation
Director and Principal of The Integral Group Limited
Frank is the founding Director of The Integral Group Ltd, and has been consulting and training in project management, procurement and negotiation in both the public and private sectors since 1996.
He has managed hundreds of projects and has trained or worked with over 40 councils.
He has worked with Mayors, Councillors, CEOs and senior leadership teams within councils, so has a strong knowledge of local authority projects, issues and problems.
Frank brings a pragmatic and practical approach to project management and has developed a number of tools to make managing projects – Less Stress – More Success. He freely shares these tools, templates and checklists with participants.