Contract Management - for those within councils who are involved with contracts and procurement.
This workshop covers how to:
- Decide the right procurement and contract models to attract the best suppliers and to achieve the required business outcomes
- How to set up the requirements in the contracting process
- How to select the right suppliers to meet the contract requirements
- How to negotiate the contract terms with suppliers
- How to manage and improve delivery of the contract
It also touches on recent issues with contract management within the sector and how to avoid pitfalls. Registrations are now open.
Two Day Workshop Outline
The workshop is interactive and works through real examples from the attendees.
- The new paradigm of contract management
- Key objectives
- Know what you need and want
- Attract the best suppliers
- Choose the right ones
- Manage them fairly
- Contract Management lifecycle
- Where it all fits
- The psychology of business
- 4 guiding principles
- ADKAR change management model
- Becoming the client of choice and why that’s critical
Developing a strategy
- DOSAC – Strategy development tool
- Market analysis
- The Right Track workshop:
- Stakeholder analysis
- Risk analysis
- Needs and wants analysis
- Contract options
- Business model options
- Go to market options
- Evaluation models
- Developing the project plan
Going to market
- Developing the documents
- Briefing notes
- The pre-RFP workshops
- Selection process
- Supplier workshops
- Implementation workshops
- Agreeing key parameters
- Developing a balanced performance framework
- Relationship management plan
- Service delivery
- Reviewing objectives
- Tactical review
- Strategic review
- What to do when things go wrong
- Permission to address risks
- Assertive vs aggressive
- Fundamentals of negotiation
Click here to view the timetable.
Director and Principal of The Integral Group Limited
Frank is the founding Director of The Integral Group Ltd, and has been consulting and training in project management, procurement and negotiation in both the public and private sectors since 1996.
He has managed hundreds of projects and has trained or worked with over 30 councils.
He has worked with Mayors, Councillors, CEOs and senior leadership teams within councils, so has a strong knowledge of local authority projects, issues and problems.
Frank brings a pragmatic and practical approach to project management and has developed a number of tools to make managing projects – Less Stress – More Success. He freely shares these tools, templates and checklists with participants.