This two day Forum is designed for those in local government who need to be up to date with the latest on funding and rating policies. It brings together experts in the field from both the sector and relevant central government agencies.
A feature of the 2015 programme is the “Marketplace of Ideas” with six facilitated discussion sessions each day on currently pertinent issues. Day two of the programme has a strong technical focus.
Topics to be covered at this year’s Forum include:
- What New Zealand can learn from the British local government’s funding cuts
- What we learnt from the 2015 Financial and Infrastructure Strategies
- Non-rateability of Crown Land
- Differential rating – is it justifiable?
- DIA’s operational review of the Rates Rebate Scheme
- The review of rates on Maori Freehold Land
Who Should Attend
- Finance managers and staff
- Rating and Revenue Managers
- Anyone with an interest in financial strategy, funding policy, or development contributions.
It is our usual policy that those in the private sector may attend our events as a sponsor. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like more information