Applications are now open for SOLGM’s 2021 Awards, Exchanges and Scholarships
We are excited to let you know that applications are now open for our 2021 Awards, Exchanges and Scholarships.
This is an opportunity to showcase your organisation with one of our Excellence Awards, develop your leadership skills through our Leadership Scholarship or Emerging Leader of the Year Award, or learn about local government in another country with one of our Overseas Manager Exchanges. Find out more about the Excellence Awards and the 2020 Award Category Winners.
The 2021 LGFA SOLGM Local Government Excellence Award® categories are:
- The Capability Group Award for Excellence in Organisation and People Development
- The Datacom Award for Transforming Service Delivery
- The Minister of Local Government Award for Excellence in Council-Community Relations
- The BERL Award for Collaborative Government Action
- The MartinJenkins Award for Better Policy and Regulation
- The Award for Bicultural Leadership
- The GHD Award for Environmental Leadership and Sustainability
There's also a Supreme Award - there's no need to enter this, one of the winners from the Excellence Award categories will be selected as the Supreme Award winner.
The SOLGM Overseas Manager Exchanges are:
- Three exchanges to the United States, sponsored by Civic Financial Services and Marsh
- Three exchanges to Australia, sponsored by AskYourTeam
- 2021 Emerging Leader of the Year Award
- The Melbourne Business School Leading for Strategic Success Scholarship
The closing date for entries and applications is 17 February 2021 at 5pm.
Winners will be announced at our 2021 Gala Dinner on 6 May 2021 in Wellington.