Apply now for SOLGM’s 2020 Awards Exchanges and Scholarships
We are excited to let you know that applications are now open for our 2020 Awards, Exchanges and Scholarships.
This is an opportunity to showcase your organisation with one of our Excellence Awards, develop your leadership skills through our Leadership Scholarship or Emerging Leader of the Year Award, or learn about local government in another country with one of our Overseas Manager Exchanges. Find out more about the Excellence Awards and the 2019 Award Category Winners.
Entries and applications for all our 2020 awards, exchanges and scholarships are now open
The McGredy Winder SOLGM Local Government Excellence Award® categories are:
- The Capability Group Award for Innovation in Organisation and People Development
- LGFA Award for Transforming Service Delivery
- Te Puni Kōkiri Award for Bicultural Leadership
- BERL Award for Collaborative Government Action
- The Tompkins Wake Award for Better Regulation and Policy
- Minister for Local Government's Award for Innovation in Council-Community Relations
The SOLGM Overseas Manager Exchanges are:
- In conjunction with ICMA
- Sponsored by Civic Financial Services
- In conjunction with LGMA (British Columbia), to British Columbia, Canada
- In conjunction with CAMA to any other Canadian province (except British Columbia)
- Sponsored by Marsh
- In conjunction with LGMA (Queensland) to Queensland, Australia
- In conjunction with LGPA (NSW) to NSW, Australia
- In conjunction with LGPA, to any other Australian state (except NSW and Queensland)
The SOLGM Leadership Scholarships are:
- Brookfields Emerging Leader of the Year Award
- The Skills Organisation Melbourne Business School Leading for Strategic Success Scholarship
There's also a Supreme Award - there's no need to enter this, one of the winners from the Excellence Award categories will be selected as the Supreme Award winner.
The closing date for entries and applications is 21 February 2020 at 5pm.
Winners will be announced at our 2020 Gala Dinner and 'Local Government Comes to Town' exhibition on 30 April 2020 in Wellington.