Our Relationships and Partnerships
SOLGM works with a wide range of organisations, both in New Zealand and overseas.
- Association of Local Government Information Management (ALGIM)
- Local Government New Zealand (LGNZ)
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia - (IPWEA)
- Institute of Public Administration New Zealand (IPANZ) - SOLGM provides IPANZ with a judge for their annual Excellence Awards and this is reciprocated with IPANZ providing a judge for the SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards.
- Local Government Energy Roundtable (LGMR) - a collaboration between EMANZ , ECCA and SOLGM
- The Central Government / Local Government Chief Executives Forum -this was set up by the Department of Internal Affairs and SOLGM to foster a better and more collaborative working relationship with key central agencies and local government.
- Australia - Local Government Professionals Australia (Previously Local Government Managers Australia - LGMA)
- British Columbia, Canada - Local Government Management Association of British Columbia
- Canada - Canadian Association of Municipal Managers (CAMA)
- During the 2015 Annual ICMA Conference held in Seattle, Washington an updated Affiliation Agreement was signed between CAMA (the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators) and SOLGM was signed. Read more here
- South Africa - Institute for Local Government Management (iLGM)
- United Kingdom - Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (SOLACE)
- United States - International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia -(IPWEA)