June 2010 - Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other
18 June 2010
Six of One, Half A Dozen of the Other is SOLGM's submission to the Select Committee on the so-called TAFM legislation.
SOLGM says that:
- there is much in the Bill that SOLGM supports
- the Bill is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of why rates are increasing
- the proposals in the Bill may make it easier to identify key issues in plans and reports
- the Bill does not introduce 'plain English' financial reporting
- performance comparisons have risks as well as benefits
- across the board reductions in regulation and compliance burden are limited at best
- whatever change is to happen, must happen in the next four months.