This is an engaging, bespoke and content rich programme to build and inspire New Zealand’s future local government leaders. You’ll hear from inspirational Kiwis who have developed careers within councils. You will experience a variety of media and presenters keeping the sessions informative, light and fun.
What are the key learning outcomes you will come away with?
- A real understanding of a council’s value to its community.
- Gain insights into future career paths available in local government.
- You’ll take a deep dive into your key drivers, strengths and personality traits.
- You’ll hear from inspirational leaders and subject matter experts who have grown their careers in local government.
- Decide if you’re interested in being a “People Leader” or an individual contributor as a “Subject Matter Expert”.
- In conjunction with your manager, you’ll design a Personal Development Plan for your future.
Timing of the Programme
Developed in conjunction with Brannigans, the Programme spans 10 weeks in a blended learning format (a combination of online and face-to-face delivery). It aims to be enlightening, not onerous!
|Week 1||Week 2|| |
24 October 2017
Complete personality assessments
|Workshop (face-to-face)||Follow-Up Survey: |
What topics would you like to know more about?
|Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8|
|Webinar (1 hour): |
Covering the topics you identified in the follow-up survey
|Email Tools: |
We’ll email you great tips and tricks to be more effective at work
|1:1 Coaching – |
Spend 30 minutes with a Career Coach who will help cement your learnings and answer any questions you may have
|Week 9||Week 10|
|Continue 1:1 Coaching Sessions||Meet with your manager and develop your Personal Development Plan|