SOLGM Webinar Series
Our Webinar training sessions save you time and money
The SOLGM Webinar Series is a simple and affordable way to attend short training sessions and seminars on topics of interest in Local Government. They save you time and money travelling out of the office.
A webinar (web-in-AR) is is web-based seminar where you receive a presentation via the web on your computer at your own desk. During the Webinar you listen to a presenter as they share their PowerPoint slides, other applications such as a documents or images, or a live tour of a website on your computer screen.
You don't see either the presenters or other particpants during a webinar. However the webinars are interactive, allowing full particpation by the audience with instant polling and question sessions.
Benefits of Webinar training
- Saves time - you can attend our Webinars from your desk rather than spend time, energy and costs travelling to face-to-face courses.
- No travel costs
- Cost-effective training - Webinar pricing can stretch your staff training budget further
- Allows you attend training sessions if you work outside the main centres
- Simple online registration and one-click Webinar entry
- Webinars recordings are available on-demand to watch again - just in case you missed anything important or couldn't attend the live Webinar.
For more information about SOLGM Webinar Series contact Rebecca Rodgers at National Office.
Upcoming Scheduled Webinars
Check out our Events Calendar for all our upcoming Webinars
Recordings of the following webinars are available to purchase by contacting Kate Sewell
- The Better Local Government Reform (April 2012)
- It's not about the bike lane: how cycling projects are a win-win for councils and residents (April 2012)
- BERL: An Economic Update (June 2012)
- LGOIMA: Handling Information Requests (June 2012)
You can take take part in a Webinar anywhere that you have a computer with an internet connection and a web browserRead More