Conditions of Entry and FAQ
2012 SOLGM GHD Local Government Excellence Awards
This page provide important information for organisations who are submitting an entry for the 2012 SOLGM GHD Local Government Excellence Awards. Please have a good read of the following conditions:
Conditions of Entry
- The 3,000 word project submission should be able to stand on its own as the statement of how your project meets the judging criteria. Appendices should only contain supporting information about your project
- Awards are made to councils, not to individuals or groups involved in winning projects.
- The judges may choose to give special recognition to other entries as well as those that win awards.
- The entry and any supporting material submitted as part of an entry becomes the shared property of SOLGM and the council concerned.
- SOLGM will have the right to publish all entries on its website or other publications to promote the SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards.
- Award winners must provide a representative to receive the award(s) at the 2012 SOLGM Annual Conference and be able to deliver a short presentation at the Conference.
- SOLGM may approach entrants to present case studies of their projects at future conferences, seminars, and webinars. Entrants agree that they will not unreasonably decline to so if requested.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I enter a project in more than one category?
Yes, however, if you are doing so, be aware that the judging criteria differ between categories and the entry templates for each category is different. So you need to use the appropriate template and address the relevant set of category criteria.
Should the project that I want to enter be a project that we are undertaking in the current year?
No, you can enter a project that has been implemented at any time.
Can I enter a project that has been entered previously?
Yes, projects previously entered in the SOLGM Local Government Excellence Awards under any previous awards format may be re-entered.