Financial Management Working Party
The Financial Management Working Party (FMWP) is a major forum for discussion between central and local government officials on financial management and planning matters, accounting issues and rating. The primary focus of the FMWP is the promotion of good practice in financial management and strategic planning in local authorities.
The FMWP has been a key driver of the following activities:
- Guidance material developed to assist councils with the 2006 and 2009 LTCCPs
- SOLGM contribution to the sector input into the Rating Inquirty (joint SOLGM and LGNZ submission 'Getting Real')
- SOLGM contribution to the sector input into the Government response to Rating Inquiry (such as the 'No Magic Answers')
- Ongoing work to implement recommendations from the Rating inquiry.
The Financial Management Working Party meets approximately every 3 months. The last meeting was 28 September. In this issue:
- Better Local Government Update
- PBE Accounting Standards
- Development Contributions
- Taxing Issues: Help is on the Way
- Coming Soon: the 2013 SOLGM Financial Management Seminar
Download the FMWP September 2012 Newsletter (pdf 99 kb)
SOLGM has released a short discussion document relating to the key issues arising out of the exposure drafts of the PBE standards. Consultation closes on 23 November 2012.Read More
See the members of SOLGM's Financial Management Working Party.Read More