Entering Your Project
2012 SOLGM GHD Local Government Excellence Awards
This page provides information on the requirements for submitting an entry for the SOLGM GHD Local Government Excellence Awards. Each project entry should include the Official Project Entry and Project Poster.
Official Project Entry
To enter the awards please send us:
- Completed project submission document using the appropriate category template (max 3000 words). This project submission document should stand on its own and not rely on appendices or other supporting material to convey information essential to the judging. There are separate templates for each category
- Entry Template for Council-Community Relationship Category (88 kb doc)
- Entry Template for Building Organisational Capability Category (86 kb doc)
- Entry Template for Joined Up Local Government Category (86 kb doc)
- Entry Template for Better Services for Less Category (88 kb)
- Any supporting material you think is appropriate to include e.g. relevant illustrations, supporting appendices or other materials
Note: projects will be judged on the basis of the Word entry template.
- Cover letter endorsed by your council Chief Executive or a SOLGM member from your council
- Your council logo in jpg format
Sending your Entry
Send all material in electronic format to us via YouSendIt.
Here are the instructions:
- Go to YouSendIt and enter the following log in details: username: email@example.com and password: solgm1281
- Click the tab 'Send' and fill out the boxes:
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Entry for (Name of Category)
- Name of Project
- Category Entered
- Council Name
- Contact Person - name, position, email address and phone number
- Number of documents sending
- Tick the box for 'Files expire after unlimited downloads'
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Sewell or 04 978 1281
Your Project Entry must be received by SOLGM no later than 5 pm on Wednesday, 8 August 2012.
Your entry should include a poster about the project.
- The poster should be A2 size (420mm x 594mm)
- The poster should include the following logos:
Submitting your Poster
Send your printed poster to SOLGM
Your Poster must be received by SOLGM no later than 5 pm on Monday, 20 August 2012.
If you have any queries about sending your project entries, please email Kate Sewell or phone here at 04 978 1281