Overseas Manager Exchange Programme
The SOLGM Overseas Manager Exchange Programme is an excellent professional development opportunity for SOLGM members to develop their skills, competencies and knowledge through an exchange programme with local authorities in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada and Australia.
Increases knowledge, insights and networks
- Increase level of awareness about and understanding of local government issues
- Gain insights and knowledge from first hand experience and observations of how local authorities operate in other countries
- Discuss and share ideas with local government officers from overseas on similar issues concerning your local authority
- Seek fresh ideas and pick up best practices from local authorities overseas
- Network and establish long-lasting relationships.
We are calling for applications for the JLT Overseas Manager Exchange to British Columbia and to New South Wales.
These exchanges are with our partner organisation Local Government Management Association of British Columbia and LGMA NSW.
The Exchange visit are typically a fortnight in duration and is scheduled around the annual conferences of our partner organisations.
The 2013 LGMA New South Wales conference is on 23-25 July 2013 and the LGMA British Columbia Annual Conference is on June 2014.Read More
Find out about the experiences of SOLGM members during their overseas exchanges.Read More