Leadership Development Centre's Leadership in Practice Programme Scholarship
Sponsored by LDC, SOLGM is pleased to offer this Leadership in Practice (LiP) scholarship. The programme has been designed for third and fourth tier leaders working in the Public Sector. It is available to local government managers exclusively through SOLGM and is valued at $11,950 (SOLGM Members are also able to apply directly to LDC to take part in their courses).
Entries for this Scholarship closed on 1 February 2017 and the recipient will be announced at SOLGM's annual Gala Dinner on 12 April 2017.
About the LiP Programme
Leadership in Practice (LiP) is designed for people leaders and team managers working in the Public Sector. The week long residential programme will be held in either Auckland or Wellington and the programme’s duration is nine months from preparation to conclusion.
The LiP programme’s goals are:
- To develop and enhance the ability of senior leaders in ways that will benefit both their employing organisation and the Public Sector as a whole.
- To put personal leadership, change leadership challenges and development opportunities into action.
- To develop leaders who can lead, drive and influence the New Zealand Public Sector.
The ideal recipient will:
- have a minimum of 10 years work experience;
- have at least 3 years’ work experience in a local authority in a people leadership role. A people leadership role may include project manager, team manager or business area manager;
- be in a third or fourth tier management role (as a guideline); and
- be committed to working in the sector for three more years.
Steven May, Environmental Services Manager at Grey District Council was the 2015 recipient of this Scholarship:
“I was very fortunate to have been selected for the LDC scholarship and the LiP programme has been of huge benefit. It’s also a real instrument that brings local and central government together and without SOLGM’s support it would not have been possible.”
Queries and further Information
For further information please contact:
Manager, Professional Development, Fiona Purchas
Phone: 04 978 1270